Welcome to JWGL
NOTE: The following contains pre-COVID instructions and are NOT valid for 2021 since we are "playing for fun".
Instructions for Wednesdays
- Call the Starter at 573-0444 ext 2 after 6:30 if you will be late or must cancel.
- Arrive 30 minutes before tee-time.
- Check-in with the starter.
- Purchase your ticket.
- Check the JWGL tables for anything for you to pick up information on special events tee-time signup sheets signup for Chip-in pot (optional).
- Regular rules and etiquette of golf are the order of the day.
- Two players should keep score (total strokes and total putts) and compare between cards for an accurate count.
- Enter the actual scores for each player by hole in the JWGL computer.
- One scorecard - dated and signed by both the scorer and player attesting to the score, must be turned in.
- Place the official score card in the cigar box next to the computer.
- To get credit for League play you must play within the allotted league tee-times and with another member.
Establishing Your Handicap
Establish your HC as soon as possible to qualify as a Weekly Winner.
- To establish a handicap a member must have played FIVE (5) rounds of golf at Jefferson Golf Course.
- Only league play counts toward the required five (5) rounds.
- League rounds are already recorded during the normal Wednesday input.
- At least SEVEN (7) League rounds must be played during the season to win in the FALL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT
- At least SEVEN (7) League rounds must be played during the season to win a RINGER Award.
- At least SEVEN (7) League rounds must be played during the season to retain your membership in the League.
Birdie pins are awarded the following week.